Sunday, January 18, 2009

Birthday Party

Well, my roomies and I decided to throw a birthday party as it occurred over the break and all. So we made cakes, food and many other sweets. It was also centered partially around DDR which i am soooo glad i brought back with me this year. Heres the pics with commentary...



This is my living room after the lovely D and T(my roomie) decorated it with amazing helium balloons of different shapes and sizes. Oh and if you look closely on the tree the rings of colors are glow sticks. (we recreated the feeling of being new years eve.)









I made crazy bread, which you can tell was half eaten before the party started. T(my roomie) made Texas Sheet Cake on the right. D and T then made meatballs spiced with Jamaica Hot Sweet and Crazy Sauce (sooo good), and then spicy queso with chips. and always as with any 21 year olds party a few Martinelli bottles.








So we then took a group photo.
Top layer : D (T's Fiance), T (my roomie), Z ("Band" Friend)

Middle layer : S (Old Roomie), me, M and L (2 friends from back at the BC)

Bottom layer: MD (my section leader), J (New Roomie)

Behind the Camera: M (New Roomie)







Blowing out the candles on the texas sheet cake. I ended up slowly blowing them out, anyone from our family would have called it a fairly weak attempt. The funny thing i found out later was that they were trick candles. The box said only a tornado could blow this out. hahaha. Oh and if you look closely my earrings are glow sticks. amazingness.








I wanted some Martinelli, and someone yelled take the bottle, From there it went to chug the bottle, and From there it went to funnel the bottle. So as any normal 21 year old would do i funneled a bottle. granted thank goodness S was pouring cause she gave me plenty of time to gulp.








It seems only a few are truly gifted at DDR so we found a easier new innovative way to allow all of us to play. It was a ton of fun, but I know the apartment below us must have been hating us ;)














Here is Z and T posin' before gettin down with DDR.













T was very proud of her A with a circle, Z was a bit less proud and decided to drown his sorrows with MY glass of Martinelli.















After that we did a bit of dancing around, inhaling helium balloons, and going crazy. And we all had an amazing new year.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Belated birthday!! It looks like you had a BLAST!!! I would never have thought to play DDR that way; it must have been way entertaining ! Keep us updated as to the college-life goings on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. martinelli?!? That sounds alcoholic. Is it?

    ReplyDelete