Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Classes

My classes and opinions of them so far

Music Theory --> I have a different teacher and he is quite different from my last teacher. He requires a lot more quick knowledge. With my last one we would do a ton of homework and the new one gives only one problem each class and then we practice on recognizing certain chord progressions in a hurry.

Dictation --> Way too easy but also taught a little differently. I am not allowed to say 5 7 i have to say a dominant 7 chord. Soo its taking a little getting used to.

Sight singing --> super easy

Wind Symphony --> The music for euphonium is super hard this year. Im gonna have to step up and practice a lot more

Private Lessons, Tuba Euph Ensemble --> fairly easy, I've already practiced 7 hrs this first week, so ill need to step it up.

Mission Prep --> i'm learning quite a bit, but to me it seems fairly strait forward. It's more just re familiarizing myself with the field

Korean/Japanese Culture Class --> I thought they would be teaching us how to act in the countries but it seems more like a history class so far. I'll probably learn more about how to act from my friends who have been there.

University Band, Intro to careers in music ed --> haven't had it yet


Those are my classes soo far. Overall a fairly easy semester.

2 comments:

  1. It looks like a fun semester!! Be grateful you have a good ear; sightsinging and dictation was a terror for some people! (Can you imagine actually having to PRACTICE recognizing pitches?!! - YUCK!) The mission prep and culture class should be pretty interesting as you get further into it; Keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like fun. Your limit for classes skipped this semester is 5. :)

    ReplyDelete